I swear I’m only doing this because I’m so happy Freya is back in the blogosphere as the proprietress of The Cocoa Lounge. I’m not much of a master at memes. When I first started blogging, I didn’t even know what they were. Now, the word seems to come up every other day. I’m also hyperlink-challenged so this could take all afternoon …
But, Freya has tagged me and showered me with some lovely compliments, so here you go. All I can do is close my eyes, point, and let the natural order of the blogosphere take over. This one is called “The Commenters Meme” and is directed at the last 10 commenters on Culinary Types who are also blog owners. Not being a mathematical genius, it was somewhat strenuous to count backwards and come up with 10 blogs and 15 questions. If I happen to tag you, do with this what you will!
1. Tiffany of Life After Gluten
2. Louise of Months of Edible Celebrations
3. Kalyn of Kalyn’s Kitchen
4. Lydia of the Perfect Pantry (since Lydia was also tagged by Freya, does this disqualify her? I don’t understand the rules …)
6. Freya of The Cocoa Lounge (Gotcha! Since you started this, are you disqualified, too? I could do the math better if I had a piece of chocolate right now …)
7. Maryann of Finding La Dolce Vita
8. Jenn DZ The Leftover Queen
9. Helene of La Cuisine d’Helene
10. Veron of Veronica’s Test Kitchen
1: What is your favorite post from number 3’s blog? Kalyn does amazing and inspiring things with vegetables. Her Spicy Crockpot Sweet Potato Recipe got my mouth watering.
2. Has number 10 taken any pictures that have moved you? Check out Veron’s bewitching, Halloween-inspired macarons.
3. Does number 6 reply to comments on their blog? Yes, she even manages to tag me once or twice a week …
4. Which part of blogland is number 2 from? I suspect that Louise might own more homes than John McCain, but I know she often splits her time between Eastern Long Island and rural Pennsylvania.
5. If you could give one piece of advice to number 7 what would it be? I’d advise Maryann to cook me a meal, since her astounding food photos have been tempting me for a year!
6. Have you ever tried something from number 9’s blog? After Helene posted on Mark Bittman’s Veggie Burgers, I made them as well. Delicious!
7. Has number 1 blogged something that inspired you? Tiffany’s recent Daring Bakers Challenge of Pizza has a beautiful rustic look, and has inspired me to work on my pizza skills.
8. How often do you comment on number 4’s blog? I probably average about two comments a week at the Perfect Pantry, but we also chat on email and Facebook, and hopefully we will actually meet face-to-face one day soon. I'll probably hear about this meme, too ...
9. Do you wait for number 8 to post excitedly? I am anxiously awaiting Jenn’s next post on the importance of eating locally.
10. How did number 5’s blog change your life? Well, after years of therapy, Cakespy has now convinced me that I don’t have to be concerned about my obsession with cupcakes anymore. It’s very liberating.
11. Do you know any of the 10 bloggers in person? Veron and I have met in NYC, and someday I hope to visit the famous Test Kitchen.
12. Do any of your 10 bloggers know each other in person? Lydia and Kalyn are buds.
13. Out of the 10, which updates more frequently? Lydia, Louise and Cakespy sort of dazzle me with the frequency with which they post.
14. Which of the 10 keep you laughing? Cakespy is a scream, with icing on top!
15. Which of the 10 has made you cry (good or bad tears)? I laughed so hard I cried when Cakespy destroyed a variety of Halloween candy in the microwave.
It’s now up to the above mentioned 10 to carry on the meme if they so desire. Be careful out there.
©2008 T.W. Barritt All Rights Reserved
4 hours ago