Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Farm-to-Table Feast of Pastured Berkshire Pork

It is a grand finale to summer as the extended family at Restoration Farm dines on deliciously sweet, farm-raised Berkshire pork and exquisite sides made with vegetables grown on the farm.
Head grower Dan Holmes talks about the circle of trust needed to take on a pastured pork project for the first time, and the magic conjured among volunteers each day in the spirit of raising wholesome, healthy food.   

“Beyond eating pork, you are going to eat a piece of magic,” promises Dan. 

A magical, abundant feast it is indeed, dining under an expansive sky as the sun sets and the stars emerge.   

Our stomachs full and our spirits satisfied, we look ahead to autumn in anticipation of the next chapter…  

©2014 T.W. Barritt All Rights Reserved

9 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

Ah dear T.W. what amazing and beautiful feast ! And all look delicious!
Congrats!
Im happy to see you again!

~~louise~~ said...

Hi T.W!

What a feast!!! I didn't realize Restoration Farm was raising pork for the first time. That's just wonderful!!!

I must say, everything looks extraordinary. However, I really can see myself diving into that Kale, lol...

Good to "see" you T.W. Your oyster article was so enticing. I'll be leaving a comment as soon as I catch up on things here:) Have a GREAT week and thanks for sharing...

~~louise~~ said...

I'm so sorry, T.W, I meant your mussel article, lol...it's past my winetime:)

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

I'm in accord with the other comments - what a fabulous feast. I didn't realize Restoration Farm was raising pork either. I'm admiring all of the lovely side dishes too - the colorful slaw, looks like black beans and corn, kale and something delicious for dessert. A very fine day at the farm.
Sam

Karen (Back Road Journal) said...

What could be nicer than enjoying farm fresh food with a group of friends devoted to making the most of the land. :)

Catherine said...

T.W., This looks like a feast of true pleasure. All looks delicious and I am sure it made for good memories. ~ Catherine

CakeSpy said...

Lucky you, my friend! This looks like a beautiful and bountiful experience, both in food and friends. I loved coming across this after a woefully long time away from commenting! <3

laura luciano said...

WHAT A GREAT FEAST!

Jann said...

A feast fit for a king!Fitting for all the wonderful people who were involved~