- I learned to cook at an early age. I was one of four brothers and my mom raised us to be self-sufficient, so we always participated in preparing dinner and made some tasty dishes from the Betty Crocker New Boys and Girls Cookbook. I also loved the Peanuts Cookbook by Charles M. Shultz and recipes that were printed in Scholastic Magazine. Someday, I want to get my brothers together and recreate a meal of recipes from the Betty Crocker book.
- My favorite food, bar none, is Macaroni and Cheese. My favorite recipe is the one my mom made when I was growing up, called “Double Good Macaroni and Cheese.” We still eat it, and I’ll probably post about it soon.
- I have always loved telling stories. When I was a kid I put on puppet shows, and in elementary school I wrote a “novel” that was approximately ten handwritten pages about the kids I rode the school bus with called "Five on a Bus." I also wrote a weekly serialized detective mystery for the high school newspaper. Now, I’m really enjoying writing stories about “Culinary Types.”
- A lot of my disposable income is devoted to food, wine, classes on food, cookbooks and restaurants, so I decided a long time ago that my charitable giving should focus on addressing hunger. God’s Love We Deliver, Trinity Lower East Side Services and Food for the Homeless and Long Island Cares are three organizations I support that do extremely important work.
- I usually travel for work about 50 percent of the week, and believe me, eating on an airplane is not what it used to be. When I’m not traveling for work, cooking food, eating or writing about food, I’m usually feeding my addiction for Lost, Prison Break and 24. Does Jack Bauer ever stop to eat??? If I were him, I’d be starving by 11:30 a.m.!!!!!!!!
© 2007 T.W. Barritt All Rights Reserved
15 seconds ago